Everyone who’s got smartphone is on whatsapp today. And everyone who’s serious to interact with instagram buddies is on kik. But both of these apps are limited to be used on smartphones. In this post, I’m going to tell you how to use whatsapp or kik on your computer (Windows and/or Mac).
Oh yes! WhatsApp and Kik on PC. Isn’t that cool?
The solution is Bluestacks. This lets you install any Android app or game on your computer. Bluestacks is free and available for Windows (XP, Win 7, Win 8), Mac and Surface pro.
Install and use WhatsApp on PC
No matter whether which OS you use. You just need to have bluestacks installed. Once you have installed bluestacks, follow these instructions:
- Search for WhatsApp in bluestacks.
- Click on “Install” to download WhatsApp.
(You can choose to download the app from any app market)
- Once its installed, open the app. It will ask for your phone number. Fill that in.
- You will get message on your phone but then chances are that you won’t be able to type that in bluestacks as WhatsApp will search for that SMS on bluestacks.
- If that happens anyhow, cancel it and wait for 2 mins and retry.
- Now It will ask you to receive the verification code via a phone call.
- Write that code and you are done with verification. Enjoy WhatsApping directly from your PC.
There’s a drawback of this app too. Since you do not have any contacts in bluestacks (as you have in your phone). So you won’t be able to see a contact to send WhatsApp. But luckily, you can receive messages from anyone. And if you are in some group, that will be shown as well. Good for those who have no access to WhatsApp lately.
And for your computer’s sake, don’t download unsafe “WhatsApp for PC” apps. They are unsafe and can cause harm to your PC.
Install and Use Kik on PC
Kik is simpler to install and can be used on the go as it doesn’t ask for any SMS verification like WhatsApp. All you need to do is:
- Search for KIK in bluestacks and install it.
- Login (or sign up, maybe) and you are ready to use KIK.
One serious drawback of Kik is that they love to RESET your account. If you are happily using Kik on your phone and try to login to that same account on other device or bluestacks. It will reset all your chats. So it’s preferable to make sure you are not going to lose any.