How To Choose The Best In-Car GPS Navigation System
These days GPS navigation system is becoming a necessary tool for knowing the street routes as well as highway routes, restaurants, hospitals, petrol pumps, etc. while on the go. A GPS navigation system should be chosen very carefully so that you can receive the best desired outcome from your device.
As far as navigation for cars is concerned, there are two types of GPS systems available in the market.
- In dash GPS navigation system: Typical and very expensive, comes with high end cars
- Portable GPS navigation system: Easy to install and use, Can be fitted in every car, comes in the budget
Few things that must be kept in mind while purchasing a GPS navigation system:
Firstly make sure about your requirements, In dash car GPS system are bulky and can not be installed in every car. They are too costly to think about. Well if you want to go for those, make sure that your car is compatible with the system.
Portable systems are easy to understand as well as easy to install and can go with any sought of cars. These are custom installed and comes with a suction holder which can be fitted on the inside area of your car windshield for perfect visionary experience. Portable GPS system starts from a range of 100$ and can go up to a vast range depending upon the bells and whistles needed by you.
Features which must be kept in mind while going for a portable GPS device are like:
- Live maps with voice assistance: Country and States maps are standard installed in the device and with the help of live maps you can get live updated maps on the go and a voice assisted GPS navigation system which will pronounce the correct location and routes for you. e.g. While turning in a main lane it will let you know the lanes name.
- Compass: Make sure to have this feature in the GPS navigation system you are going to buy. With the help of compass you can get exact and reliable routes of your journey.
- Accelerometer: This feature helps you to know the current speed of your vehicle, although we have accelerometer in some vehicles but still it’s an addon feature in the GPS device.
- Touch and Drag map facility: This feature allows you to see and understand the upcoming routes for your journey. You can drag or forward view your map by simply touching and dragging the GPS screen.
- Bluetooth: This feature plays a significant role, you can easily connect your cell phone or other devices to synchronise data.
- Other features like MP3, MP4 player, USB port, auto update of maps etc. can be found according to your requirements.
Well now talking about the brand of the GPS navigation system which you are going to buy, Garmin is the best or perhaps the world’s renowned brand delivering high built quality with best performance in GPS systems. Blaupunkt is yet another brand in the league of portable GPS navigation system.
GPS navigation systems have made our life stress-free while traveling on strange roads/places.