How to Disable Gmail’s New Inbox Tabs
Have you been using Gmail for years and seeing some strange tabs in your inbox? It’s not just you, it’s everyone. Gmail, on May 29th, updated gmail inbox. Some users like that and some don’t.
Reasons to like the new Gmail inbox is that it automatically manages and categorizes mails according to subject and content of mails. Tabs introduced are Social, Promotions, Updates and Forums, and also Primary tab. In addition to that all starred mails remain in Primary tab. Reason to hate? Lacks a single tab which aggregates all mails.
How to disable Social/Promotions Tabs / Get back to old Gmail Inbox.
- All you need to do is click on that “+” button next to those tabs. (refer screenshot)
- Uncheck all (except Primary, well you can’t uncheck that).
- Save changes and you are back to the old good inbox.
How to enable Gmail Inbox Tabs?
- Enabling the tabs is quite easy. Click on “Settings” icon placed in top-right.
- Select “Configure inbox”. Check the tabs you want to keep.
- Refer the screenshot.