How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 and install CWM Recovery [One Click]
Hi guys, I know I have been writing this lately but I have done it lately. Today I felt the need of rooting my Galaxy S3 as Google now of Jelly Bean is now available for all rooted ICS devices (but that doesn’t work).
So, the process is extremely simple and actually a one click root method; and you don’t need to worry about losing any of your data but for your safety precautions you should perform a backup before attempting to root.
In this process, I will be telling you to root and install CWM recovery on Samsung Galaxy S3. Please NOTE: By doing this, you will void the warranty of your device. So don’t follow the instructions unless and until you are sure about what you are going to do. Note: It may brick your device(least probably), So I (at WideFide) will not be responsible for any damage caused to you or your device in any case. User’s discretion is advised.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 International Version
- Odin3 v1.85 (198 KB)
- CF-Root (7.1 MB)
- Windows PC
- Device Drivers (If you have earlier connected your phone to PC, then there’s no problem at all); Or you can get the drivers by installing Samsung Kies.
- Device should have 30%+ battery.
- USB debugging should be enabled.
- Download Odin v1.85 and CF-Root from above.
- Extract both to separate folders where you can access them easily. Better to place them at desktop.
- Now you have two folders 1. Odin3 v1.85 and 2. CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3 where you have CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3.tar
- Switch off your SGS3 and put the device in download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key simultaneously.
- As soon as you enter download mode you will be asked to press volume up to enter download menu.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable.
- Open the folder Odin3 v1.85 and open odin3 v1.85.exe
- It will recognize your device automatically; If it doesn’t, something is wrong.
- Now click on PDA button and select CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3.tar file from the folder CF-Root-SGS3-v6.3.
- NOTE: Make sure that no checkbox is checked except “Auto Reboot” and “PDA”.
- Click on “Start” and It will root your device and install CWM recovery in just one click. After that, reboot your device.
- Voila! Your phone is now rooted and has CWM recovery installed. Enjoy!
You will see two new apps - SuperSU and CWM after the reboot which means you have successfully rooted and installed CWM recovery on your device. Any questions? you can shoot them in comments.
Its always a great idea to watch the video before trying. [Link]