What To Expect From Apple’s Next iPhone (iPhone 5)
Have you been following iPhone 5 updates on a number of blogs? Most of them are rumors and had also confirmed Aug 9 as it’s announcing date and now they are saying it to be September. Wait. I am not going to update you with rumors but sharing my views and compiling them with rumors, what may the next iPhone have.
First of all, IMO It will be named as “The New iPhone” instead of “iPhone 5″ OR “iPhone 4GS, etc”. There are tons of rumors out there that the next iPhone will have this and that but what should the next iPhone may genuinely have? Let’s discuss them, one by one.
1. Bigger Screen: At least 4.0 inches. It’s like Apple’s tradition to deliver a mobile phone with 3.5 inch. In the era of first iPhone, 3.5 inch screen was sufficient but now we have mobiles with 7.0 inch screen (well that’s weird). But to maintain supremacy, They should consider at least 4.0 inch Retina Screen.
2. Quad-core processor (A6): To flaunt android users and make its loyal fans happy, Apple needs the next-gen quad-core processor to beat the current Android giants (Galaxy S3 and HOX). Apple’s A6 quad-core processor is expected this year in the new iPhone. Meanwhile it will boost the overall performance of the phone which every user expects.
3. iOS 6: Well It’s confirmed. There are no other thoughts whether iOS 6 will be there in the next iPhone or not. It’s obvious.
4. Voice Typing (Offline too): As we all know that iOS’s direct competitor is Android and Android is already ruling the world with 51% market share. And the next version of Android – The Jelly Bean 4.1; which was recently released got an awesome new feature – Offline voice typing. And the new iPad got voice typing(dictation) this year. So, The next iPhone may have dictation + offline voice typing to try to beat Android. Don’t be confused with Siri’s capabilities.
5. 2 MP Front Facing Camera: Gone are the days of VGA front facing cameras. This time, Apple should improve the front facing camera. 2 MP front camera will be good for a neat video calling over facetime.
6. 4G: 4G is the next boom in mobile internet. Apple consider 4G connectivity in the next iPhone.
7. Mini Dock + OTG: In almost every rumored pic of the next iPhone, I have been seeing mini dock. Which means iPhone 5 will have a mini dock and if it will have mini dock, It may have the capabilities of connecting pendrives, keyboard, mouse, etc via OTG cable. Just like Samsung Galaxy S3.
- 128GB model
- 2 GB RAM
- Most-Wanted but Apple won’t offer: Card Slot
- Rear camera improvements