Third Party apps are essential for every Android device. Galaxy S4 comes with a number of good apps but still 3rd party apps have their own perks. And I will be mentioning those must have apps for Galaxy S4 which will enhance your experience.
1. SwiftKey Keyboard: Built-in keyboard is good but not the best. If you are looking for all-in-one and the best keyboard for your mobile, SwiftKey is the name. It features Text Prediction, Swipe and multiple languages. The app is so smart that it will automatically save the words you type repeatedly. This app is worth more than its price. Price: $3.99 (99 INR)
2. MX Player: Default video player is not bad. But MX Player is the best video player for Android. It supports almost all video codecs (including .MKV format), in short Plays Everything. Features: Swipe to scroll, swipe to volume up/down, swipe to change brightness, Subtitles scroll and child lock. Price: FREE. Pro: $5.70
3. App Cache Cleaner: Many of the apps you use produce cache, be it Facebook, Instagram or your Web browser. Cache NEEDS to be cleared to save space. App features: One tap to clear cache, Auto clear at a specified interval. Price: FREE.
4. Opera Mini: Opera Mini is the fastest browser for Android, plus it saves your data usage by 80% and more. And It had already been featured in “Must have apps for S3” as well. Recommended. Price: FREE.
5. AK Notepad: S Memo is weird and IMO it’s bloatware. If you want a serious note taking app which can sync your notes, There’s no better app than AK Notepad. Price: FREE.
Revised: Found a better app than AK Notepad. It’s Google Keep. Notes can be viewed as tiles(optional), and you can select tile color of your choice too. Also, Notes are synced with your connected Gmail account, and can be viewed and edited when you access Gmail on computer.
6. mSecure: Looking for an app to store your confidential data safely? Trust mSecure Password Manager. Features: Cross platform sync, ultra-secure 256bit blowfish encryption, Password generator, Cloud sync and Optional self-destruct. Price: $9.99.
7. Air Droid: Say no to USB cables. Transfer data wirelessly, use AirDroid. Features: Transfer Files over WiFi, Desktop SMS, Download apps, Screenshot (root perms required). Price: FREE.
8. Screen Filter: In darkness, even the lowest brightness seems high. Download Screen Filter to dimmer the display. One tap widget to instantly dim phone’s screen. Price: FREE.
9. Any.DO: Plan your day with this To-do and Task app. Features: Cloud sync, home screen widget, beautiful UI, Miss call alerts, Snooze tasks, etc. Price: FREE.
10. WhatsApp: Does this app need any introduction? Well, if you are living in a cave or something, WhatsApp is a cross platform messenger. Price: FREE for 1st year, $0.99/year.