Samsung Galaxy S III vs Galaxy S II – What’s Changed!
In the above specs comparison you can see how much better the galaxy S III is than S II. Although the device has the same display which S II and many other Samsung mobiles have, Its Super AMOLED. But now it has improved the resolution to 720 x 1280 pixels which makes it a HD display.
What are the awesome changes in Galaxy S III?
- Display – Its Super HD AMOLED now
- Screen Size – from 4.3″ to 4.8″
- Display resolution and pixel density – Earlier the resolution( in SII) was just 480 x 800 pixels, now its upgraded to 720 x 1280. And meanwhile the pixel density is now 306 ppi (Better than S2 but less than Xperia S and iPhone 4/4S).
- Improved Screen Protection – The new galaxy – S3 has the all new Gorilla Glass 2 to protect the screen.
- Internal Memory – It now has one more option of 64 GB along with 16/32 GB.
- 4G LTE – SII didn’t have 4G capabilities, S III has.
- Bluetooth is now upgraded to v4.0.
- CPU – This is the game changer. It now has 1.4 Ghz Quad-core processor to boost the overall performance.
- More Sensors – Galaxy SIII has all those sensors which Galaxy S II had - Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass. But in addition, it has two more sensors – RGB and barometer.
- Increased Battery Life – Not sure if the battery life has actually increased or not S3 ships with better battery of 2100 mAh instead that 1650 mAh battery.
What did not change
- Camera – It has the same old 8 MP camera with same lenses.
- GPU – It has that same old Graphics processing unit; Mali-400.
- RAM – Same 1 GB ram.