Ever since I installed Windows 8 on my laptop I had been seeing the green display instead of videos in YouTube. I neglected this and thought it might just be the Win8 bug and I started working on windows 7 again. And I hardly use windows 8 because I think It’s Windows 7 except the start menu and a few other additional features.
Let’s talk about the error. The error is with Adobe Flash player. So you need to install Adobe flash player first. Wait, Google chrome comes with flash player installed but still show green youtube videos and so do other browsers. To get rid of this “Green” display while viewing YouTube videos, follow these easy instructions.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button or press Alt key + X, and then click Internet Options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then browse to the Accelerated graphics section.
- Click to select the Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering checkbox.
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
Source: Microsoft Community Answers
- Open any YouTube video.
- Right click anywhere on the video and click “settings”.
- Un-check “Enable hardware acceleration”.
- Close the video or reload the page.
- Ting! You won’t see any green videos.