Do you play CS a lot? want your own server? This tutorial is for you then. In this tutorial I will be telling you to make a dedicated Counter Strike Server in few minutes(actually it depends on your net speed). Its not very complicated to make a counter strike server, but to run it smoothly is a big task ahead. I have been playing CS for many years and I made my CS Server just after a year when I started playing it. At first, it was a bit complicated but later on it became so easy that I had installed the CS server on over 40 computers in India using TeamViewer. Now you can create a server on your own computer by following these steps:
- Windows PC
- Internet Connection (minimum of 512 kbps)
- Download HLDSUpdateTool.exe
- Paste HLDSUpdateTool.exe in C:/
- Open Command Prompt (CMD)
- Type “cd C:HLServer” and press enter
- Type “HldsUpdateTool.exe -command update -game cstrike -dir”
- It will download CS Server Files (around 400MB).
- Open C:/HLServer
- Copy hlds and make its shortcut on desktop or wherever you want
- Right click > Properties > Target
- In Target, write this > “C:HLServerhlds.exe” -console -game cstrike -autoupdate +maxplayers 12 +map de_dust2
- Now save the file and open. Server is now running. Enjoy!