Well there isn’t a wide range of dust and water proof mobile phones running Android OS but there are around 7-8 mobiles (Android OS) which are water and dust proof. So I decided to make a list of 4 best Android Mobiles which are dust and water proof and run Android 2.3+. I have ranked them from 1 to 5, here you go.
1. Panasonic Eluga: IP57 certified – dust and water resistible – This one is latest and just announced, and is expected to release in April, 2012.
- Water Proof upto 1 meter for 30 mins.
- OS – Android 2.3.5 (planned upgrade to ICS viz. 4.0)
- Dual Core 1 ghz processor
- 8 MP camera with LED flash
- 4.3″ screen | resolution – 540 x 960 pixels
2. Motorola Defy+ : IP67 certified – dust and water proof – Released in September 2011.
- Dust and Water Proof – up to 1m for 30 mins.
- OS – Android 2.3
- 1 Ghz Cortex A8 Processor
- 3.7″ Screen | Resolution – 480 x 854 pixels
- 5 MP Camera with LED flash
3. Sony Ericsson Xperia active: Dust and water resistant – Released in October 2011.
- Dust and Water Proof
- Android OS 2.3 | Planned upgrade to v4.0
- 3.0″ Screen | Resolution – 320 x 480 pixels
- 1 Ghz Processor
- 5 MP with LED Flash | Records HD videos
4. Samsung S5690 Galaxy Xcover: IP67 certified – dust and water proof – Released in October 2011.
- Dust and Water proof – up to 1m for 30 mins.
- Android OS 2.3
- 800 MHz Processor
- 3.15 MP camera with LED Flash
- 3.65″ Screen | 320 x 480 pixels
So what would be your choice if you would buy an dust and water proof mobile? Remember, more the features – more the expensive it will be.