Sony Xperia Z literally goes underwater. Sony demonstrated the Xperia Z by dropping it into water at the ongoing CES event, Las Vegas.
The Xperia Z beholds everything that a high-end Smartphone must possess, a 5-inch high resolution display with 443 pixels per inch, a quad-core Snapdragon qualcomm processor, 13 MP camera, NFC and the best one – It’s water proof and dust resistant.
The video down below will give a glance of Xperia Z ‘s water resistance. Demo-ed in CES.
- OS: Android 4.1.2 JB
- Dimensions: 13.9 x 7.1 x 7.9 mm, weighs at 149grams. Dust and water resistant (up to 1 meter) body.
- Display: 5-inch capacitive touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels delivering 16 million colors.
- Processor: 1.5 Ghz Quad core Snapdragon Qualcomm processor
- Memory: 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory up-gradable upto 32GB via microSD.
Rear- 13 MP Autofocus camera with LED flash
Front- 2.2MP camera
Video recording at 1080p Full HD
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, NFC etc.
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyro, Proximity, Compass.
Some significant features of the Xperia Z include the Bravia video engine from Sony’s high-end TV’s and a camera lens technology from its cybershot camera series.
The new Xperia Z also comes with a battery stamina mode that automatically turns on when the phone’s screen is off. It disables all the non telephone applications to conserve battery power, although users have an option to keep their app active while the phone is in sleep mode.
The phones build quality is brilliant and there is not a single crap material you can find on the device.
The director of Xperia marketing, Calum Mac Dougall, said that Sony is more aggressive towards the marketing of the Xperia Z and have plans to launch it in the Q1 globally.
Also, Sony has unveiled its Waterproof walkman at CES this year.