Yes, You can show the Google plus author profile in Google Search results for your YouTube channel. Earlier It was available for Blogs only (or the webpages with authors). Its easy and has the same process as you do for your WordPress blog.
In the above image you can see that my Google profile photo is appearing below the Youtube Channel for search results of “WideFide“. If you have a Google Profile and a youtube channel then you should implement the authorship for your youtube channel. What you need to do is just follow the instructions written below:
- A YouTube Channel
- Google Plus Profile
How to Display Google Profile Photo in Search Results?
- Open your YouTube channel.
- Click on “Edit” just next to “About <your name>’s Youtube Channel”
- Now either select your google profile or add a custom link (Add custom link if you have different gmail account for Google plus)
- Click on Add and Apply the settings.
- Now move to your Google plus profile
- Click on “About” > Edit Profile > Click on “Contributor to”
- Add custom link, Write the label name(My YouTube channel). See example.
- Write your YouTube channel URL as “http://www.youtube.com/user/<channel name>”
- Make sure its set to “Public“.
- Save and Finish editing.
Now test your settings in Google Rich Snippet tool whether everything works fine or not. Open Google Webmaster’s Rich snippet testing tool, write your YouTube channel URL in the text box and hit enter. It should show like this.
So When will Google show up your profile pic in search results? This is something which google also doesn’t guarantee. It will take some time and show up your profile pic the next time it crawls your website and re-indexes your pages.