After messing up with google authorship markup for a long time, I have enabled it. Its so simple but tutorials around the web are complicated. If you are a wordpress blogger then this article is helpful for you. I have googled many articles on the internet and found a very few articles useful and when I mixed few of them and experimented a lot on my blog I found the solution to display Google+ author profiles in google search results.
Believe me, its really very easy process. I am trying to make this tutorial very easy for you guys so that even newbies can understand this. This is google’s solution to enable it – click here to see. What you need to do is:
- Install this plugin – Allow REL= and HTML in Author Bios
- Create “About me” page. i.e. mine is About.
- Create a custom menu
- Link google profile to “About me” page
- Test your Website
<a href=”https://profiles.google.com/your_ID” rel=”me”>My Profile</a>
- Replace “Your ID” with your google profile, like mine is
<a href=”https://profiles.google.com/103072271855657709044″ rel=”me”>Anil Sardiwal</a>
- Don’t forget to add rel=”me” – Save page!
- Click on screen options: Check Link Relationship (XFN) and write “author” in Link Relationship box. refer the image below
5. Now test your website at google rich snippet tool. Mine shows like this.