We have been using Facebook for almost a decade now and some of us already know a few facts about the social network and its creator. I am not going to repeat the facts which documentaries have been publishing. There are some facts about Facebook which you probably hadn’t heard before.
First 3 accounts on Facebook were test accounts.
1. If your account password is “facebook”, you can log into your account with “fACeBooK” or “FacEBoOk” despite case-sensitivity.
2.First 3 accounts on Facebook were test accounts. Mark Zuckerberg’s account is #4. Check out facebook.com/4 and it’ll land you on Zuck’s profile. Facebook user IDs are not random. It’s +1 for every new user. So if your user ID is 12345, then you are the 12345th to register on facebook.
3. Considering number of facebook users, it would be the third most populous country in the world if it was a country.
4. “Like” button could have been the “Awesome” button.
5. Perhaps we all know this: Mark Zuckerberg is red-green colour blind. So Blue is the easiest colour for him, that’s why Facebook bleeds blue.
6. Facebook’s notification icon (that globe) changes, according to user’s location.
7. Youtube’s co-founder Steve Chan was one of the first employees of Facebook.
8. There are around 80 million fake profiles on Facebook. I know you own one.
9. Any DOT(“.”) in username is irrelevant. And you can have as many dots you, please. To test this, go to Mark Zuckerberg’s profile – facebook.com/z.u.c.k
10. Two years back, Zynga (creator of Farmville and Mafia wars and many other games) has annual revenue of more than Rs. 1200 crore.
11. You tell.